Sunday, January 5, 2014

But God..

Luke 1:45
Amplified Bible (AMP)
45 And blessed (happy, [a]to be envied) is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of the things that were spoken to her from the Lord.
This was not the verse that I had chosen for today.  This day....but it has hunted me down and shown itself and whispered deep into my soul.  Two years ago, this day found the destruction of my marriage and all that entailed.  It found me face down staring at a road I had no idea how to travel.  A year ago, this day found me battle weary, wondering where God was when I did what He asked me to do, but nothing turned out the way I thought it would.  When He called me back to blogging and I did so reluctantly.  Now here I am again. Standing in a place I never ever thought I would. Standing because of a firm foundation.  Standing because for once in my life I said ok Lord, I will do it Your way.  No idea.....I had no idea what that would mean. That there would be days this fight would be more than I ever believed I could face....But God....that He would ask me to love in a way that I had only read about....But God.....that He would use the worst thing that had ever happened to me to change me into the girl He needed me to be....But God.  He changes everything.  And what has He asked of me?  Only believe.  To believe means to keep going when everything points in the different direction, when plans fall apart and dreams are shattered, when tears fall and nights alone measure more than anything you ever thought possible.  He said so.  He promised.  And the verse that comes just a little before this one reminds me....

Luke 1:37
Amplified Bible (AMP)
37 For with God nothing is ever impossible and no word from God shall be without power or impossible of fulfillment.

As I stood in the shower this morning, my thoughts turned to thanksgiving.  Thank You Lord.  I made it to the top of this mountain.  There will be more highs and lows, hill and valleys and days where I just need to be still and remember Who You are.  Today I would look at the girl, using every ounce of strength she had just to keep breathing....look her in the eyes and tell her that she will be simply amazing.  That He will not leave her or forsake her and that she will make it.  That because of Him I can truly say....
Genesis 50:20
New International Version (NIV)
20 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.
Thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment