Sunday, January 26, 2014

Happy Mail

It came to me in the form of happy mail.  A card from a sister in Christ I do not know…but we write…about Him, about our stories, about grace…I was frustrated and pretty low.  Driving home my thoughts were heavy… It’s pointless, hopeless and I’m just a fool.  I checked the mail on the way up the drive.  Happy Mail…it shouted to me from the upper right hand corner.  I put the truck in park and I opened it.  And the verse, well, let’s just say a Father knows His daughter’s heart.  He knows when she is getting weak and when that load is pressing and she just can’t figure out how to lay it down…..again.

Joshua 1:9 …the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go..

Yes, yes He is.  This morning the verse still ringing in my head, I turned to it and smiled as I read it in its entirety.

“Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified, do not be discouraged, or the Lord, your God is with you wherever you go.”

And it spoke to my week.  It rehashed all that I had been battling.  And I began to read it and really try and take it in what He was saying to me…perhaps to you too.  So I wanted to share my heart with you.
Have I not commanded you?  Have I not lead you day in and day out baby girl?  Have I not placed the answers right before you time and time again?

Be strong: Having the power to move heavy weights or perform other physically demanding tasks.
Be courageous: Not deterred by danger or pain, brave.
Do not be terrified: Cause or feeling of extreme fear
Do not be discouraged: Having lost confidence or enthusiasm, disheartened (loss of determination or confidence)

Boy was that me! And in this verse He so lovingly says, here is what I commanded and here is what I’m telling you not to do….and He also tells us why…..

Be strong..because the Lord YOUR GOD is with you WHEREVER you go….Be courageous… because the Lord YOUR GOD is with you WHEREVER you go….Do not be terrified…. because the Lord YOUR GOD is with you WHEREVER you go…Do not be discouraged…. because the Lord YOUR GOD is with you WHEREVER you go.  So in everything, everywhere, He is with us.  And if He is for us then who, WHO can be against us? Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment