Thursday, January 2, 2014

What's Inside

Day 2 of a brand new year.  This year is already very different than the past couple.  For that I am eternally grateful.  He didn't say doing it His way would be easy.  But if I am honest, it was less hard than doing it the wrong way.  Because already, He is showing Himself mightily.  Already, the solid I feel under my feet is different than anything I have every known.  How can I ever be sad about that?  Sometimes it's in the uncomfortable that we find our grace.  The uncomfortable makes us much more aware....and that's when we see the beauty.  That's where His answers are found.  Not in the things that we can grasp, but stepping out and saying meet me here Lord.  He will.  Wherever you find yourself today, call on His name.  He will meet you just where you are.  He's the most amazing hand holder He is :) The joy of what He has done and is doing has settled quite nicely into me.  My verse today came from waaaaayyyy back :) The one He gave me on the first steps of this journey.  I had no clue really what He was trying to say.  It grabbed me.  I held it and it's roots dug deep down into my soul.  This morning, I saw it so differently.  It's what He has been trying to get me to see all along.  What I have tortured myself with time and time and time again, all took new perspective today.
1 Corinthians 13:2 AMP
2 And if I have prophetic powers ([b]the gift of interpreting the divine will and purpose), and understand all the secret truths and mysteries and possess all knowledge, and if I have [sufficient] faith so that I can remove mountains, but have not love (God’s love in me) I am nothing (a useless nobody).

What if I have everything that seems to be what the world says you must have to be happy?  What if I can do it all, if I have everything I need and then some?  What if I have the faith that can move a mountain?  None of this....or anything else for that matter, amounts to anything if we cannot love.  And that kind of love is described later in the verse.  And that kind of love cannot be found without God's love in us.  If I don't have Him, then truly I have nothing.  So when I look closely, I see He has given me so very much in this. Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment