Thursday, August 1, 2013

Dear Weary Mom - Don't Blink

 
Linking up today at Hope For The Weary Mom...
 
Dear Weary Mom,
 
Don't blink....because it all goes by so very fast.  One day your worried about having the right kind of crayons for kindergarden and then next you are standing in the hallway at the high school watching your beautiful girl have her senior portraits done.  Where did the time go?  That stuck with me all day.  So much worry about how in the world am I ever gonna make it through 13 years of school...but we did.  And so as I have that old familiar knot in my stomach thinking...how are we ever gonna get through college....guess what? He will make a way.  He always has, He always will.  What He spoke so heavily to my heart yesterday was be still and just rest...I have grown so very weary.  So the afternoon was spent with me and my two not so little ones looking at pictures of their entire lives, laughing at school pictures gone horribly wrong and even looking at SLIDES of when I was a little girl.  Showing them who they look like and where they came from..that they are part of a family and always will be.  No matter what they face.  Same goes for us the moment we become His child.  He is the One in charge, and we are the children, looking to Him to have the answers.  Thankfully, He actually does!!  So today sweet mama, rest in the comfort that He's got this.  He's got you, me, them and everything else in between.  We are not alone.  Sounds like a good day for pictures and ice cream.  Thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment