Friday, August 30, 2013

Winds of Change

17 years ago on a Friday, I was waiting on someone. Life changing. She was late. I had no idea when she might arrive. But this was the day. My birthday, a few days beforehand, did not bring the news I wanted. And I cried. That was the day I said whatever. I can't make something happen before it is supposed to.

This year, 17 years later, found me on my birthday yet again, not exactly where I thought I would be. And I cried again. This week has left me exhausted, confused, hopeful, mournful, in anticipation, pretty much you name it. I know it's coming. But again, I can't make something happen before it's time.

Habakkuk 2:2-3 NIV
 2Then the Lord replied:
“Write down the revelation
and make it plain on tablets
so that a herald[b] may run with it.
3 For the revelation awaits an appointed time;
it speaks of the end
and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it;
it[c] will certainly come
and will not delay.
And then this week my sister sent me a verse about God remembering Noah and sending a wind to dry the earth after what God had accomplished had been completed. My dad talked about this north wind coming to dry up all this rain lately. I could feel the shift in my morning run. And then today I said it almost out loud. Something has shifted in my words. 
Genesis 8 (VOICE)
8 But God remembered Noah and all of the wild and domesticated animals with him in the ark. When it was time, God sent the wind to blow over all of the earth, and the waters began to subside.
 
And so I sit here, remembering how my life was about to change so drastically then and somehow that same anticipation is swirling around me now.  It has been work to get to this point and saying it feels like giving life to what He wants to do with me.  The words pressing to get out are ones I never thought I would say and I'm even saying them through tears...

I am thankful for this.  For this road I have walked for over two years now. For what You have been doing and continue to do in my life.  I praise You. 

He has impressed this word on me for quite a while now.  I affirm it after each time I write.  And my head knowledge became heart knowledge.  That the pain will bring forth something amazing.  Saying it, putting it down and sending it out.  17 years ago was the birth of my greatest life adventure, believing for that yet again.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment