Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sunday Scripture

 Jeremiah 33:2-3
New International Version (NIV)
Promise of Restoration
This is what the Lord says, he who made the earth, the Lord who formed it and established it—the Lord is his name: 'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’
 
My verse this morning....as I am STRUGGLING with all that I am..why can't I get up at the time I plan Lord and run and get everything on my check list done just so....WHY am I hitting the snooze on the alarm for the second hour straight?!?!?!?!  What is the issue here?
 
Jeremiah 29:11
Good News Translation (GNT)
11 I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.[a]
 
Perhaps His plan for me wasn't for me to get up and run and have all the yard work done by 8am.  Perhaps it was for me to be still, be quiet, to rest and not struggle.  To seek HIM and what He desires above my own need for perfection...because lets face it, there is NOTHING in my life that is perfect.  Nothing.
 
There is dog hair all over the floor from the dog and I'm not sure how he has any hair left...I have not drank the water I need to in 3 days..3 days people, I have laundry piled on my dresser, I can't fit into any of my shorts, I ate two Popsicles for dinner on Friday night, I by-passed the grocery store last night because I have not shaved my legs in a week and I have a healing cold sore under my nose that makes me look like Charlie Chaplain.....yeah...welcome to my world cause it ain't all that and a bucket of chicken...which somehow sounds really good right this second.....
 
So when my verse came this morning, I started to cry..I WANT to know the great things You have for me Lord, tell me.....but He can tell me all day long.  I have to have faith that He doesn't lie, that I can believe what He speaks to my heart over and over.  That when I am face down with snot bubbles and a box of Kleenex that He thinks I am His most beautiful girl...because He sees ME.  My heart, my very inmost being, crying out for Him and Him alone because there is just nothing else...I promise you.  Nothing.  No house, car, relationship, amount of money, status....nothing compares to what He offers.  PEACE.  And when you have His peace that you are going the right way, even if it's failing forward, then you have the assurance that He has a plan.  And it for your good....even when it hurts, even when it feels completely opposite, even when you just can't see past your own tears, even then....for your good.  To prosper you, to give you a hope AND a future.  Thankful.

 

 

 








No comments:

Post a Comment