Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday....Brave

It's been quite the interesting few days for me.....I feel as if God and I have been wrestling.  My heart has been crying out in a way that I don't think I have ever known before.  I slept late again this morning....for the time being, I am just letting go of my own thoughts of how my day should begin.  So I handed it to Him and sat quietly.  My verse this morning was settling, but as I looked at it in further context, it actually made me smile.

I got up and ran, despite the late hour and the really hot sun.  I took the shaded route down through the scary woods as my girl likes to call them :)  I have confessed to Him I have no idea what in the world He is asking of me, so I'm gonna keep on going...please speak to me Lord....and as I came up the hill, my song on the iPod began to sink in and I heard Him whisper..I wanna see you be brave......and then I knew. 

Will I stand here and face the unknown, trusting that He has me, walk this road when most have fallen away and I am standing on my own, when the road to where He wants me looks a whole lot like a one way path to crazy town.....yeah, I will.  I'm going to keep standing here and look this square in the face because I don't have to do any of it in my own strength.  It's He who is in me that is greater than this world.  As much as I think so many times...good grief! I am just one tiny little girl Lord.....yep, one tiny little girl, who just decided to be brave...Thankful.

James 5:7-8 (Voice)

7 For this reason, my brothers and sisters, be patient as you wait for the return of the Lord. Look! The farmer knows how to wait patiently for the land to produce vegetables and fruits. He cannot harvest a freshly planted seed. Instead, he waits for the early and the late showers to nourish the soil. 8 You need this same kind of patience, so in the meantime, strengthen your resolve because the Lord will be coming soon.


1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, this ministered to me this morning. What a beautiful message. Keep going, keep running, keep writing. It's not crazy town, it just seems like it sometimes. : )

    And thanks for linking up at Living Joel 2:25. : )

    ReplyDelete