Sunday, August 4, 2013

Perfect 10 - Number 4

Number 4 the Sabbaths’ for our worship and for rest.


I struggle with this.  Rest.  When I look around and see so much to do, I cringe.  But what I am finding in my own life is that in this season I am in, I am headed for burn out...and it has happened more than once over the past year.  What I have on my plate is simply not do-able in my own strength.  It just isn't.  And all of it, is exactly what He has called me to and where He has me.  I know this for certain.  So why would He do that?  To remind me that His strength is made perfect in my weakness.  When I am at my weakest, He is at His strongest.  And when He does it, then it's for His glory, not my own.  And I get weary...so He says rest...I say are You kidding me??...He says no, I'm not, cause this ain't you sister....none of it is me, my strength or ability.  Worship Him, rest in Him, take a day and just be.  It's really okay.  The world isn't gonna crumble.  Because He wants to spend time with us, to let us know that it's through Him we gain what we need for each task, each leg of the journey.  Sometimes our rest is truly the greatest act of worship we can show Him.  In that we say, I trust You Lord, You've got this....for me rest is the greatest act of obedience.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment