Thursday, September 19, 2013

Hope For The Weary Mom - Rest


Linking Up with Hope For The Weary Mom,

Dear Weary Mom,

I'm weary too.  These days of change have been shakin' it up and eventually the dust settles and I am just tired.  I see God in all this.  I trust Him, I do, but today, even my bones feel tired and I wonder when....when Lord, will help ever arrive? It's hard being a mom, making choices that may or may not be the ones you felt like making today...I want to run this morning, but I need to catch up on some house things, go into work early to get home just in time to take my girl back to school to get the information we need for all the changes coming her way.  I had been hoping that our season of so much different would come to a halt, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

So my prayer is simple, like when I used to pray when they were so very small...help me Lord..meet me here, cause I just don't have the energy....and He will.  He is faithful.  When I feel like I am one person pulled in so many directions, He reminds me that these are the times to find the quiet, to rest my heart and to listen.  The louder things get screaming for my attention, the quieter I need to be.  He's got this.  He's got me.  But the winds of change can sweep through and make us feel like Dorothy in that big tornado.  Today I'll seek His peace above all else.  The rest can wait really.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment