Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday Scripture

Genesis 12:1 NIV  The Lord had said to Abram,  "Leave your country and your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.

Go.  This theme has been ever present lately.  Move.  I have no idea where, what, how....just go.  And so I have.  I get so caught up in feeling like I have to do things just right.  Like one slip up and punishment is sure to follow.  And I guess that partly comes from being corrected for doing things completely wrong for a really long time.  At some point, yeah, He's gonna correct that.  But now, well, it's different.  I'm seeking Him, He knows my heart.  And it's about my heart, not my works.  Stepping out in faith, going to where you have no idea, deep waters, it may feel like punishment at times.  Really it's stretching.  Growing.  Birthing.  And that is painful.  But the end result is beautiful.  I stepped out of my comfort zone again tonight.  I'm just gonna keep stepping out.   He can pull me back in if I get ahead of myself.  Learning, trusting, growing....and just a little bit excited :) Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment