Saturday, June 1, 2013

Borrowing


Psalm 46:10
New International Version (NIV)
He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.”

She has a tendency to borrow trouble.... much like her mother does. The need for planning. The need to know how it's all going to go. Control. No surprises. Then she I can breathe. And if there is anything that I have learned in these day...weeks....months...is that I don't have control. And I'm not even sure I want to most days. Because when I control, I am locking myself into what I believe is best for me and saying that nothing else can possibly do.

And I'm sure God sits back and smiles as He says "baby girl you are borrowing trouble again. Stop worrying about what isn't even here and that when it does get here, you can't possibly love it".

Same thing I say to those beautiful blue eyes on that precious girl I love more than words. I know it will be just fine. I know she will be over the moon. She just has to be patient. What she is giving up to get something new isn't going to be an issue once the time arrives......the anticipation. It can strike fear like no other in a girl so prone to living in the "what ifs".

Such the reminder. He's got this. Sit back. He won't disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment