Saturday, June 8, 2013

Just One Word

1 Samuel 15:22

The Voice (VOICE)
22 Samuel: Does the Eternal One delight in sacrifices and burnt offerings
as much as in perfect obedience to His voice?
Be certain of this: that obedience is better than sacrifice;
to heed His voice is better than offering the fat of rams.

I keep coming across this.....obedience is better than sacrifice.  Sometimes I think He wants to take everything from me, to test me to see if this time, this time.....maybe I'm listening.  What else can I do Lord? I ask...What else can I give?....Nothing.  He actually has what He wants from me.  My heart.  And where your treasure is, there your heart will be.  He is my treasure.  I have come to the place where love the Lord and love your neighbor rests in my bones.  I have wept and run and screamed and fought and begged and prayed.....all to find myself face down at His feet yet again saying if it's not You I just don't want it.  I just don't.  I just can't live separated from His will, His truth.  It's just not in me anymore. 

When He whispers....obey.  When He calls....obey.  When He changes directions....obey.  That's it.  It sounds so simple, but it has been the absolute hardest place I have ever come to.  This has been a mountain that I stopped walking around and let Him guide me as I am climbing it. From here you can't look down, you can't look from side to side...I can only look up, because that's the only way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment