Wednesday, June 12, 2013

The Proper Time

Romans 3:21-24 MSG

God Has Set Things Right

21-24 But in our time something new has been added. What Moses and the prophets witnessed to all those years has happened. The God-setting-things-right that we read about has become Jesus-setting-things-right for us. And not only for us, but for everyone who believes in him. For there is no difference between us and them in this. Since we’ve compiled this long and sorry record as sinners (both us and them) and proved that we are utterly incapable of living the glorious lives God wills for us, God did it for us. Out of sheer generosity he put us in right standing with himself. A pure gift. He got us out of the mess we’re in and restored us to where he always wanted us to be. And he did it by means of Jesus Christ.


 I am reminded how much we all fall short.  None of us without need of grace...a Saviour.  There are times in my head I will judge a situation and think of how I might do it differently, and then He shows me that perhaps I held my own intentions a little too loftily.  As much as I fear it, I find the best place for me is humbly on my face before Him.  Because my own shortcomings are far too many and far to real to look around and judge another.  When I am bowed before Him I am saying that I have no control, that I trust Him completely. I fear in this place, this "position" as it were, of being humbled that somehow He will forget me...out of sight, out of mind.  Or maybe that I will get trampled..if I can't see what's coming or what is surrounding me, I can't defend myself. 

I have been forgotten, been trampled, and it feels horrible and I don't want to relive that, don't want to feel like I did in that place.  But at His feet, when we are humbled before Him, in the most vulnerable of positions, we are covered by Him. 

1 Peter 5:6
The Message (MSG)
6-7 So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs. God’s strong hand is on you; he’ll promote you at the right time. Live carefree before God; he is most careful with you.
 
God's Hand is upon us when we are laid low and humbled.  And we won't stay in this place forever.  He will lift us up, by His hand and His strength and His grace when He sees fit. And we won't get trampled.  He is careful with us.  He loves us. 








No comments:

Post a Comment