Sunday, June 16, 2013

Return To Me

Return to Me and I will return to you....

Zechariah 1:3

New International Version (NIV)
3 Therefore tell the people: This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘Return to me,’ declares the Lord Almighty, ‘and I will return to you,’ says the Lord Almighty.

These words have been ringing in my head for quite some time now.  Return.  It means that we have wandered somewhere if we must come back from it.  And I did wander.....far.  So how is it then if He calls us to return to Him that we would be able to do so...without fear of rejection, fear of abandonment, fear of retribution from a God who says place no other gods before me.  A God who is a jealous God.  A God who exacts justice.

Faith.  A belief that He says He is who He says He is.  Even on the worst days, even on the days when breathing is pretty much the best you can do, even when you can't see how in the world He can work this...THIS..for your good.  It's that seed, that sometimes is so small you can hardly detect it.  But that is all it takes to send the prodigal running....







No comments:

Post a Comment