Saturday, April 5, 2014

Faith Jams - Bearing

Walk beside baby girl.....the words feel like nails on a chalkboard to my soul. Because if you know me, then you know, I. Hate. Walking. Because walking is slow and walking might mean you have to stop...and wait. And as I really stop and look at this week....and my attitude...I find that it's the bearing of this cross that is weighing on my shoulders. Because I am tired. It is so heavy....and it's not mine. And I think the latter exposes my heart most. I'm all out of want to. But that wasn't given as an option. And so as I remind myself how many walked beside me...and still do....bearing this load with me, encouraging me, and reminding me of all the truths I know, I remind myself of what He asked of me. And I remind myself why He asked me. This isn't about me. And my Jonah moments of the past two weeks are getting a bit wearing. But grace....Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment