Thursday, April 3, 2014

Tiptoes

Brave....Risk.....not words that naturally roll off my tongue. Yet lately that is what I have been attempting. Some days, I can't see it. I feel like I'm standing still. But if I take a look at what the few months this year has held, I know it's there.

Parking and new places give me panic attack. Directions....not my greatest strength. But I am learning to put myself out there. Even if its scary. Because scary becomes less when we can stop and look it in the face. This quote first came to me 11 years ago when I was facing the hardest thing I had ever walked through in my life at that time. And it stuck. 

"You gain strength, courage and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.' You must do the thing you think you cannot do." Elanor Roosevelt

How very right these words are. So, lately I have ventured into some unknowns. I parked in paid parking, downtown on one way streets. I picked up my own race packet....for my first half marathon. I ran a race a couple months ago alone, while my friends all passed me because I needed to run at my own pace to get to the finish. I did it again for the half. Alone for a few of the miles, because this is my own race and sometimes, well, we have to move forward with just us and God. Driving my girl to college in another town where I am really not familiar with anything....venturing into the unknown....because here is what I am learning....you can always turn around. Mistakes are not the end of the world. Sometimes wrong turns and mistakes are actually the RIGHT turns. We just can't see it yet. Our view is limited. And so I'm taking my little steps one day at a time. But I'm finding that those little steps tend to give way to big steps. And before I know it, perhaps that finish line will be here.  It's been here all along really, but sometimes you gotta walk a little to find it and make a couple wrong unexpected turns. Thankful. 







No comments:

Post a Comment