Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Whitespace & A Book Review


My sweet blogging friend Bonnie just wrote book, she did.  She wrote about her journey.  She shared her words.  Such a blessing to be one of the people chosen to read it first and share my thoughts.  This came in the mail right at the same time my own world was being thrown into a whole lot a new.  My girl graduating high school, the start of a new job and juggling all that goes with being a single momma to my girl and my boy.  Finding time to be quiet was going to be a challenge since my days were set to begin at 4 am and mostly haven't ended until around 10 pm.  Funny how these things show up at just the right time :) Mostly I can read a chapter a night, let the words sink in and have the quiet as I drift off to sleep.  Because that seems to be the only quiet I can find here lately, but God is faithful to meet us.

Bonnie's book challenges not only the way we see ourselves, but also the way how we have always been seen can shape our perception.  And it some times takes the most difficult of journeys to get us back to where we can see with clear eyes, the girls God truly made us to be.  The verse that comes to mind so often in my own life is: 
Isaiah 30:15 (AMP)
15 For thus said the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel: In returning [to Me] and resting [in Me] you shall be saved; in quietness and in [trusting] confidence shall be your strength. But you would not,

How often have I asked for guidance and direction, only to find He gave it to me....but I would not listen.  It wasn't my way or what I wanted to hear.  And when I got my own way, I usually got a big heaping mess to go right along with it.  The reminder to return to Him, each day, this is what will give us the strength we need to carry out all that He has for us.  So happy to be sharing this journey with such an amazing writer.   Her words are important.  Your words are important, so are mine. And they are certainly a gift to be shared. Thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I hopped over to your blog from the link up, but the font is too hard for me to read. May I humbly suggest you change your font on your blog to one that is easier to read.

    ReplyDelete