Sunday, July 20, 2014

5 Minute Friday - Bloom

BLOOM.....Go...
So I've typed posts that didn't even get published. My follow through seems lacking. My written word seems choppy at best and I can't understand why things aren't flowing. They seems to be tornadicly swirling if I'm honest. So this word, bloom. It put me at a loss. Bloom. What can I say that doesn't sound like a really bad version of a hallmark card?  Then I looked up the definition.

state or period of greatest beauty, freshness, or vigor.
come into or be in full beauty or health; flourish.

To flourish. To come into. And as hard as these days are, I'm coming into the fullness of His promises. I can't even tell you what that means exactly. It's just I know. Blooming is the hard part. I've become so accustom to the storm that the sun feels foreign to me. And it's not so easy. Bloom. Thankful. 
Stop.


1 comment:

  1. Isn't it difficult? To bloom? Well, the blooming is the action we hope to be constantly in this side of heaven. We'll never be fully bloomed (in the state of our greatest beauty) until God has perfected us after our bodies have died and we dwell with Him in eternity. Then again, in one way we are washed by the blood of the Lamb, and that is our greatest beauty.
    Thank you for sharing! keep writing, I know it's hard--I'm the same way! I have far more drafts than published posts. Reading you're the same way encouraged me =)

    ReplyDelete