Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Love

Ephesians 5:1 
Watch what God does, and then you do it, like children who learn proper behavior from their parents. Mostly what God does is love you. Keep company with him and learn a life of love. Observe how Christ loved us. His love was not cautious but extravagant. He didn’t love in order to get something from us but to give everything of himself to us. Love like that.

Love like that. Some days I ask questions without answers. Some days I have to settle into the not knowing. And then the words come. The answer to all of it really. Love. I have come to know love is not a feeling or fluffy or soft or easy. It is a choice, it is strength, it is bold and long suffering. 

It. Is. Hard. 

But I was made to do hard things. Yes. I have accepted this fact. Sometimes less than gracefully. But He uncovered a strength in me long ago. And it has filtered into every fiber of who I am. Give away what you need the most. And perhaps I, who has been quite unlovable at times, am the best to give because I am the best to understand how much that grace can cover, can heal, can change everything. Yes. Sometimes the only answer is love like that. Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment