Saturday, April 25, 2015

5 Minute Friday - Hide

hide
HIDE....Go....

All I have wanted to do lately is hide. Its coming at me from every direction and at some point it feels like the only thing to do is sit down, take cover and let it pass. I can feel the tension in my shoulders. I can see the strain of it all in my face. And I don't know what to make of it really. How in the world did I get here? This was not the plan.....not that any of this has been the plan really. And I tend to want to run from it all. But I am not going to face another do-over. It's that simple. And so the only thing left to do is sit still. Hide in the shelter of Him. Psalm 91. It came last week. Reminding me what to do when these days that feel like a barrage of weight fall down on me. Run to the Shelter. It's ok to hide in Him. It's ok to pull away. To say I can't handle this. To place yourself face down before Him and say what a mess this is. Take it. Not hiding from but hiding in. Taking it all to the only One who knows. Who sees. Who can fix this. And find rest in the hiding place. Thankful.
Stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment