Monday, April 20, 2015

Meltdowns and Ink

It had been a solid week without peace. And I'm battling myself more than anything else. I know what the answer is. I knew it all along. It's just getting there and I thought my way was best. Funny how I can get all judgy about things while missing the plank in my own eye. Because if I'm honest with myself it's the same struggle, it just looks a little different. I had to get back to the last thing He told me. Yesterday was a train wreck of epic proportions. How in the world did we end up here. Just 9 short days....all hell broke loose. And I couldn't even catch my breath, much less put a thought together. I was surrounded by piles of groceries. A familiar scene that brought me 3 1/2 years backwards. Something about gathering your wits and just doing what's in front of you. And so I did. And with dinner cooked, laundry washed and a vehicle too thrown in for good measure, I stood at the sink. I washed dished and prayed. How Lord, what is happening, this will never work.... And He said to me so matter-of-factly... You gonna take your hands off now? On both counts. Let go. Well then. There is that. The thing He told me. The thing I did. The thing that brought peace, yes. I had picked it up and run with it. The only peace is in the letting go. And when he came to me and needed to print, but low and behold the black ink was out, oh for the love. This is the straw Lord. If I have to go back to town to get this thing, I surely will. But I'm not sure what state I'll be in when I return. Open the drawer.  And I did. Nothing. So I opened the top one all the way out. And there it sat. New in the package. One black cartridge. And I popped it in and he printed. Yes. And my insides screamed thank you. He sees it all. He cares about even the smallest detail. Placed there long ago. For just right then. Prepared in advance. And the rest of this is no different. Let go. And do what's in front of you. He's got this. He does. Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment