Sunday, November 17, 2013

Called

1 Corinthians 1:26-27 (AMP)
26 For [simply] consider your own call, brethren; not many [of you were considered to be] wise according to human estimates and standards, not many influential and powerful, not many of high and noble birth.

Today's message was simple.  We are all called.  All.  Not many will choose to answer.  And what are we called to? For each of us, it is something very different.  He called me to write. But what?  The story He asks me to share is the one that came when He called.  And not just once.  He has called me many times.  He called me to be saved.  He called me to speak about my experiences.  He called me first to share a very different story.  And through that story came grace, forgiveness and healing.  That led me to be called again. To be chosen in the moment I was abandoned.  To be made whole when I was made separate.  To be complete in a love that was different than the love I had known and given.  His love, His grace, His own. Our call is the day in day out of what He asks us to live.  Not because of who we were and where we came from, but in spite of it.  So that not only would the world know, but that we would know.  He must be reveled in us...to us...so that we can, in turn, be the calling that He has placed on our lives.  A smile, a hug, a thank you...great callings form a God Who loves intimately.  You.  Me.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment