Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Scripture

Hebrews 3:15 Voice
Look at the lines from the psalm again: Today, if you listen to His voice, Don’t harden your hearts the way they did in the bitter uprising at Meribah. 
******
"But Derek, there’s always a way.
When things look like there’s no way, there’s a way.
To do the impossible. To survive the unsurvivable. There’s always a way.
And you? You and I have this in common.
You’re inspired.
In the face of the impossible, you’re inspired.
So if I can offer one piece of advice to the world’s foremost neurosurgeon:
Today, if you become frightened, instead, become inspired.”
                                                                      -   Patient talking to Dr. Derek Shepherd, Grey's Anatomy
Ok...so, this post is not even remotely how I thought it would be or what I had planned in my head.  Yet it is right for today.  I listened to church online this morning.  One of our Pastors I thought would be preaching wasn't.  So all my warm fuzzy preconcieveds just went out the window...and no, I don't think preconcieveds is actually a word, but I like it...so ok.  I'm listening, I'm hearing and it isn't what I expected to hear.  It's what I needed to hear.  It's that song that comes on your IPod when you have a stitch in your side and you want to walk, but it makes you say, I can go just a little further....and then before you know it you forgot all about wanting to walk and you just keep running....So then I keep reading a bit this morning and God whispered the scripture above...and I know why, it's another answer I wasn't expecting....so then I search the verse to find the scripture reference and I came across the quote above under....what to do today if you become frightened...so I clicked it.  And I read it.  And it all made a big ol' giant circle round to tie in everything I heard this morning.  So I'll give you the highlights..and if you want to hear the entire sermon, the podcasts are under Liberty Church Pensacola for today's date.  
"Exceptional faith makes room for exceptional results"
"God can't rescue you from the lions den if all you ever do is try to avoid them"
"Fear motivates us to mediocrity"
"Faith feels risky"
Nate Wheeler - Liberty Church, Pensacola
Because it's hard being the one to step out and do something that no one else is doing.  It's hard to risk loosing everything, risking failure, realizing that this may not turn out remotely like you dreamed it would....but then again, it may not turned out ANYTHING like you pictured in your head...it might turn out to be extraordinarily more than you could have ever hoped or dreamed...because you are exceptional.  I am exceptional.  And I serve a God Who delights in the impossible.  Thankful.
*******************
"Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go"  -T.S. Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment