Monday, March 18, 2013

Perspective

At the end of last year I flew on an airplane. I have not done that since I was 17......that's a really long time ;)

Coming home, flying over the water and marsh areas, I noticed the patterns the waterways and little rivers made, all going out into the big main body of water.

Some of these little paths led to a dead end. Unless you were familiar with the way, you would not know that until you got there. And I saw little boats. Traveling along their way. All making progress toward the big open water.

What God impressed upon me was that there I am, that little boat, making my way down the narrow path. Depending on His guidance to get me to where He ultimately wants me to be.

From my view point, I could see it all. All the paths. The right way and the dead ends. I knew exactly where that little boat needed to go.

Where I could only observe, God is actively involved. He has the view from above but He is also there guiding us down the narrow path He chooses for us to get where we are going.


THE Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack. He makes me lie down in [fresh, tender] green pastures; He leads me beside the still and restful waters. He refreshes and restores my life (my self); He leads me in the paths of righteousness [uprightness and right standing with Him--not for my earning it, but] for His name’s sake. Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me. (Psalm 23:1-4 AMP)

No comments:

Post a Comment