Monday, March 11, 2013

The Greatest Of These....

This entry I wrote over a year ago.  As I was reading through some things today, I realized that these words ring so very true even today, just where I am at.  And when I said that I was changing me...my....I had no idea how very powerful this love He called me to really is.....

March 7, 2012

How do you love through the pain? Through rejection, through no guarantee that things will ever be the same again? Through hurt, through sadness through confusion and through the fact that you may never have it back again? Why? What is the point? The point is that true love, agape love, bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things and most of all, this love never fails. That love is love that you can only have in your heart if you have God's love in your life.

A love that is above anything you have in your own strength to give, a love that wants more for someone else than for yourself, a love that says I will bear this affliction if it is what is required right now. It's God's love, shown through you. It's a hard love, a stubborn love, a fighting love, a giving love, a mighty love and a love that is able to conquer all things. It says I love you for who you are, where you are, where you might go and where we can be.

This love requires sacrafice. This love makes you die to yourself. This love is painful because it's not about you or your comfort, but about putting someone else above anything you want or hope for. This love is freeing. It's beautiful and lovely and pure.

You are worth it. Every sacrafice, every pain, every fear, every doubt. You are worth this love. This love truly changes everything. It changes the hardest of hearts, the blindest of eyes and the deepest of regrets. I know......because it's changing me everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment