Sunday, March 17, 2013

Yes and Amen

2 Corinthians 1:20

For no matter how many promises God has made, they are "Yes" in Christ.  And so through Him the "Amen" is spoken through us to the glory of God.

In church this morning, our Pastor made mention of something I have heard before.  What if our answer to God was just "yes".  Every morning.  Yes.  You just got butterflies in your stomach huh? Me too :) Yes.  To whatever You say Lord.  No matter the question.  No matter the cost. 

In this place I am, with these dreams, these desires in my heart, I find myself saying God, just yes.  Because no matter what, for me, at this point, there just isn't really any other option.  I know what it is to say no way!!! And "no way", better classified as "my way" is never better than His way and then "my way" ends up bringing me back to His way anyway and whew.....are you tired?  Me too.  That's what happens with my way.  I go off, get lost, and end up right back where I started.  With a whole lotta baggage, bumps and bruises to show for it. 

So, it seems, yes, and sometimes, that yes is best before we even know what the question might be, is always the best way.  The most comfortable?  No.  What seems the most rational? Probably not.  But the peaceful way... the safest way? Absolutely.  I have experienced that peace.  Peace in the storm raging.  God's Hand of mercy, sheltering me from all that seeks to destroy.  But it cannot.  Because I am His and nothing can pluck me from His Hand. 

So I am saying Yes Lord.  I did hold my breath when I typed that.  Because I know that there are days when "Yes" can really feel like a bad word.  But I know that even on those days, it all works for His glory.  His Purpose.  And my ultimate good.  Amen (so be it).

No comments:

Post a Comment