Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Hold Fast...

It's been one of those weeks.  The kind where everything gets pulled out from under you.  Again.  And I have been wondering just where He is in all this, becuase if I had no clue before, lets just say that right now, standing upright is about as much as I'm willing to move.  And yet, I have to push forward.  There is no stopping.  This journey to a place I do not know has got to continue.  I can't stay.  Can't settle.  This is not the place He has for me.

As I have been reading, searching, crying out to Him for any sort of relief, there are some words that jump out at me and give me pause.  NEVER, ALL.......promises.  All encompasing words that are hard to wrap my mind around.  Never in God's economy means it ain't happenin.  Period.  All means not one speck of anything is left out.  Never.  All.

I'm gonna go preschool for just a minute because we need to get this.  You and me.  It needs to stick.  He will NEVER leave us or forsake us.  When that hurt is pushing so hard into you that taking the next breath seems too much to bear....He is not leaving you.  When everyone else in the world seems to be walking away and you wonder just how much more of Lonely Street you can take....He is not forsaking you.   ALL these things He is using.  All for your good, His glory, His purpose, His timing, His Kingdom and His love for you and me.  Never will He put more on us that we can take, walk out, leave us alone, abandon us, forsake us, let us go, stop loving us, fail us, betray us, condem us, go back on His Word or lie.  Never. 

Doesn't matter how it looks.  Doesn't matter how it feels.  Keep going.  Do not stop.  Do not settle.  Do not turn back.  Because God goes before us.  And if our God is for us, then who can be against us?

No comments:

Post a Comment