Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Joy Comes In The Morning

The last week of my life has been one that has amazed me, humbled me and taught me that God,and all His promises, are true.  And if one is true, they all are.  And the hope that gives me sends my spirit soaring.  God is a just God.  His mercies are new each morning.  God loves those He corrects, but it will not last forever.  There is joy in the morning.  God's timing is perfect.  God's ways are higher than ours and His thoughts are not our thoughts.  All things are possible with God.  So as I sit here, looking around at what He has done, and only He could have done it, I am strengthed, I am encouraged, I'm just pretty much giddy at this point, to quote my sweet friend Aubrey ;)

God is faithful.  He can be trusted.  He says so, but I know so.  Because I have walked it.  I have seen His goodness in the land of the living Psalm 27:13-14

13 I know that I will live to see the Lord's goodness in this present life. 14 Trust in the Lord, do not despair (look around in horror).  Trust in the Lord. 

The definition to despair is mine.  Why? Because I looked it up.  I wanted to know what described what I felt.  To look around in horror.  How many times in this year have I done that?  Complete and utter devastation.  Nothing alive.  Just death.  And then He moved.  And He spoke.  And He soothed.  And he corrected.  And He taught.  And He equiped. And He encouraged.  And He placed. And He created.....and is still creating, new from everything that died. 

That dream, that seed that got buried and died....created a new life.  A beautiful thing that is beginning to peak up through the hard, rough ground.  And it is strong and alive and I can't wait to see what beauty He is creating from this shattered dream that I thought was all but lost. 

When He calls you, follow.  Don't stop.  Never quit.  Eyes on Him.  He will never disapoint you.

Psalm 37:25
New International Version (NIV)
25 I was young and now I am old,
yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken
or their children begging bread.


1 comment:

  1. My friend, you are an incredible writer. I know you have been in the valley more than once and God has lifted you out. He will continue to carry you and bless you. Through this, so many others like myself will be blessed. Each morning your words greet me and brighten my day and bless me. You are His chosen one and He has a plan for you.
    I love you so much!

    ReplyDelete