Thursday, February 28, 2013

Though I Walk Through The Valley

Psalm 23:4
Amplified Bible (AMP)
4 Yes, though I walk through the [deep, sunless] valley of the shadow of death, I will fear or dread no evil, for You are with me; Your rod [to protect] and Your staff [to guide], they comfort me.
 
As I read this verse today, I saw it in a different light.  What is it to walk in the valley of the shadow of death?  I felt as if I have follwed that path this past year.  It was deep and it was sunless at times and I had to depend on God to give me light for just the step I was on the darkness was so thick.  Death of dreams, death of a life that was, death of the girl that I was, death of all the sin that held so tightly to my life....deep and pressing valleys that seemed to offer no way out.
 
Yet I have found that in those darkest moments of despair and all the things that entangled me, I actually had to let go of them, leave them there in that valley in order to hold on to the One who wanted to hold me and guide me out.  Little by little, step by step.  And as He has moved me through the deepest of valleys and waters, they have washed so much of the old away.  He is creating a new thing.  The places that He leads actually are the places at times, we need to leave the things that hinder us and as we come out the other side, we enter into His goodness and into the life He chooses for us.
 
So if you are walking through that valley, hold on.  Do not fear.  Do not dread.  The darkness that now surrounds you will eventually give forth to the light and what you see will be amazing. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment