Sunday, February 17, 2013

You Are God Alone


I cannot fix this.  There is no amount of writing, searching, asking, speaking, worrying….there is nothing I can do in my own strength to fix this.  This is not my battle to fight.  What I can do is believe in the promises of Christ, be hopeful, be joyful, be thankful, be prayerful…..be still.  When I am still, He can move.  When I pray, He will act.  When I hope for things not seen, I increase my faith.  When I am thankful for exactly what I have, His grace is sufficient.  When I am joyful, others see Him and I can serve them with a cheerful heart.  Be still, and know that I am God.  Pray without ceasing and in everything give thanks.  My grace is sufficient.  Faith is things hoped for, that are yet unseen.  Hope is believing that God will do all He promised, because God can’t lie.  Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, do not rely on what you THINK you know. God has a plan.  God has a purpose.  It is NOT to harm you.  He loves you.  He will give you a hope and a future. 

So what Lord, what do I do in this stillness?  I’m surrounded.  I can’t go forward, I can’t go back.  I can’t turn to the left or the right.  Love God with all your heart.  When you love Him, you seek Him.  Obey His words.  Why?  Because in my obedience I can depend on my works to get me some place? No.  Obedience is for your PROTECTION.  Love others as yourself.  Love.  It is an action that can even be done when standing still.  Love when it hurts.  Love until it hurts.  Love when it seems like all hope is lost.  Love to your own loss.  Love through tears.  Love through pain.  Love through devastation.  Love through selfishness.  Love through the complete dying of yourself to the One who made you. 

In this love we see Christ.  In this love we plant seeds.  In this love revelations are revealed.  In this love hearts are won back to their Savior.  In this love hearts are won to a Savior.  In this love wounds are healed, chains are broken and captives are set free.  In this love, we are free to love without bounds,  without fear of rejection, hurt or humiliation.  In this love, we are made perfect in the One who makes us perfect by His love.  Not by our works, lest any man should boast, but by God’s grace and mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment