Thursday, June 13, 2013

Begin Again

Ephesians 4:31-32

The Voice (VOICE)
31 Banish bitterness, rage and anger, shouting and slander, and any and all malicious thoughts—these are poison. 32 Instead, be kind and compassionate. Graciously forgive one another just as God has forgiven you through the Anointed, our Liberating King

Oh how He is dealing with me and my sporty little attitude.  I'm digging my heels in a little, fighting what He is asking because I just don't feel like I've got it in me anymore.  And then He whispers.....and it makes me weep.  I know that this is an impossible task for me.  It's not about me anyways....it's what He wants to do through me.  He wants the glory, as He should.  He wants people to see Him in this, and rightfully so.  But it means dying to myself yet again and I.Am.Tired. 

Ephesians 4:31-32

The Message (MSG)
31-32 Make a clean break with all cutting, backbiting, profane talk. Be gentle with one another, sensitive. Forgive one another as quickly and thoroughly as God in Christ forgave you.

Be gentle.....gracious, sensitive, love....forgive.  Because He forgave me.  And I sure didn't deserve it.  Because He rescued me, and I surely didn't do anything to make that easy.  And so I will do all that He asks.  Because there is no other option.  He asked me today "Baby Girl do you love me?"  Of course Lord.... "Then follow Me.."  And it's the following that scares me.  Where are we going?  Can I take this much longer?  Can there ever possibly be an end in sight to this road, this path that makes me want to scream and puke and say enough!?!?!  I know there will be.......I believe it deep down.  But on the days that the pain of it all come over me in waves, He simply reminds me how much He has forgiven, how much that cost Him.  And I wouldn't dare...WOULD NOT FOR A MINUTE want to keep that from someone else if I have the chance.  And I do........so I will....because He who is in me is greater than anything I face.  And those waves of sadness and anger and frustration are replaced with His waves of grace.  Thankful.
















No comments:

Post a Comment