Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tie A Ribbon On Your Finger

Deuteronomy 6: 4-9 The Voice
4 Listen, Israel! The Eternal is our True God—He alone. 5 You should love Him, your True God, with all your heart and soul, with every ounce of your strength.[a] 6 Make the things I’m commanding you today part of who you are. 7 Repeat them to your children. Talk about them when you’re sitting together in your home and when you’re walking together down the road. Make them the last thing you talk about before you go to bed and the first thing you talk about the next morning. 8 Do whatever it takes to remember them: tie a reminder on your hand and bind a reminder on your forehead where you’ll see it all the time, 9 such as on the doorpost where you cross the threshold or on the city gate.

Again, He's bringing me here.....Do WHATEVER it takes to remember ....write it, talk about it...TIE IT ON YOU...yes, I have been that forgetful in the past.  I have been that disobedient, KNOWING what is the right way, His way.

I am reminded of this when I speak to my beautiful girl.  I lover her desperately.  I want so many good things for her.  I have so many good things planned just for her...but, Remember, I say to her.  Do not forget what I have said, what the rules are, what I expect from you, when I give you this privilege.  I see the excitement and joy in her eyes...she hears me, but I see that faraway look....she's dreaming big!  Big plans, big hopes, big world!!  She's so excited, what she has waited for is coming, but there are rules......and as much as she knows them, sometimes her joy spilleth over because she gets ahead of herself.....ahem.....yes, she is her mother's child. 

And God has had this conversation with me before......and my decisions got the better of me and I disobeyed His rules, His ways, ignored His cautions, His warnings...and I have paid a price. So as I come to this place yet again, I have a hope, I feel that excitement...something......but don't forget Baby Girl....you cannot forget this time.  Because forgetting this time would destroy you.  And it would.  I've come too far.  I know too much.  There is no excuse.

He wants His best for me.  He does.  But that comes with responsibility.  All privileges do.  To whom much is given, much is required. Don't forget.







No comments:

Post a Comment