Sunday, June 30, 2013

Things I Learned In June

I learned something today.  The hard way.....gasp....who saw that coming?? I can't eat like I used to.  I began eating a new way completely almost 2 years ago....and it changed me on the inside.  The things that look appealing at the onset, when I ingest them.....uugghh.  Misery.  So as I lay sipping on my Sprite feeling like I have been run over by a truck, I remembered just a short time ago I tried to eat in a way that I knew wasn't good for me.  It made me pretty sick, but this time..OH.MY.LANTA....

It reminded me of my life in a way, how God is changing me from the inside.  I'm different than I was a year and a half ago.  The things I take in, they aren't the same as before and when I attempt to get out of step with that, I pay a price.  I can't live like I used to.  I don't see things the way I used to.  Things changed. 

Sitting in church, our Pastor spoke of doing it God's way.  Period.  It's the only option.  "Drama and dysfunction will be the norm until God and His way become the priority" - Josh Lispcomb.  Just like the chaos in my stomach, chaos will reign when I step outside of Him and His will.  It leaves me tired, feeling just awful and robs me of time better spent doing the things He has planned for me.  Put in the hard work.  Push away from the temptation.  He has a plan.  For my good.  Thankful.

Psalm 19: 7-11
7 The Eternal’s law is perfect,
turning lives around.
His words are reliable and true,
instilling wisdom to open minds.
8 The Eternal’s directions are correct,
giving satisfaction to the heart.
God’s commandments are clear,
lending clarity to the eyes.
9 The awe of the Eternal is clean,
sustaining for all of eternity.
The Eternal’s decisions are sound;
they are right through and through.
10 They are worth more than gold—
even more than abundant, pure gold.
They are sweeter to the tongue than honey
or the drippings of the honeycomb.
11 In addition to all that has been said,
Your servant will find, hidden in Your commandments, both a strong warning
and a great reward for keeping them.

2 comments:

  1. that message was challenging in the best way. and yes...i love the how the spiritual journey and physical journey are so parallel in so many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was awesome. We are blessed in the church we call home :)

    ReplyDelete