Monday, May 19, 2014

Holy

I have wonder why the word joy? Why that...why this year? So much happening, changes in my children, my girl graduating my boy moving on up he ladder himself. Changes at home and those responsibilities and also a huge shift in careers. I got a new job. An amazing opportunity. One I have sought after for two and a half years. So many things....good things...coming to pass. And yet for the most part I have felt less than able to handle all this. I shake my head and think to myself what's the problem? I handled major changes and downright trauma for a really long time and somehow this feels harder. Reading through one of my studies this morning it settled into my heart as I said it over and over. 

Nehemiah 8:10 Nehemiah said, “Go and enjoy choice food and sweet drinks, and send some to those who have nothing prepared. This day is holy to our Lord. Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” 

These days are holy days. These are the days of remebering so much good that has come into our lives. Some of that would have never been without the painful days. So I am reminded to share what we have so graciously been given. Our home, our food, our friendship, our love, our prayers. And we are able to do so because the joy of The Lord is where we find our strength. That word, my word, is where I will find what I need to do whatever each day calls me too. Strength is found in the ability to praise, His joy is my strength. Thankful 

No comments:

Post a Comment