Sunday, May 4, 2014

Promise

A promise is a promise......and I did.  So did He.  And keeping promises is hard.  But His helps me keep mine.  Still.  Even when I just want to quit.  I believe that He wrote Hebrews 13:5 just for me :) Well....it's true.  And that verse in the Amplified.....it just grabs my heart..

Hebrews 13:5 (AMP)
5 Let your [a]character or moral disposition be free from love of money [including greed, avarice, lust, and craving for earthly possessions] because this is a doozey for me!! I have for most of my adult life put my faith and security in things....how much money was in the bank, if I just had more I would be ok, able to handle things by myself....yeah right.  This was a hard things for me to overcome and truth is, I still battle it.  I still struggle with believing that God WILL meet my needs.  Every time.  It's not because He hasn't proved to me time and time again, no.  It's just that sometimes I have a hard time believing that He's gonna keep His promises.  Because I have been let down a lot.  Yet, our God is faithful.

and be satisfied with your present [circumstances and with what you have]; Is anyone else feeling convicted?  Maybe it's just me.  The impatient and temperamental daughter :)  Cause' I'm not always really happy or satisfied with where I am and what I have.  Yet He reminds me.  Each circumstance He bring me to has purpose.  And learning to be satisfied in the lean days and in the prosperous days teach me one thing. No matter what, my eyes need to be on Him.

for He [God] [b]Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor [c]give you up nor leave you without support. If He said it, then it is.  But oh my, HOW HARD IS THAT TO GRASP SOME DAYS?!?! And I think that it boils down to our limited vision and expectations.  There are times when I feel like He has totally failed me, but the reality is, sometimes what we feel like are our greatest failures and really His way of getting us to where we need to be.  He never fails. Never leaves. And lets be honest, when is the last time I have truly done without?  Yeah....

[I will] not, [d][I will] not, [I will] not in any degree leave you helpless nor forsake nor [e]let [you] down ([f]relax My hold on you)! [[g]Assuredly not!]  See right here??  He has to repeat Himself like 3 times!!  Why?  Because I am that STUBBORN girl..who tends to ask but didn't you see my mistake?? I will not leave.....But didn't You hear my words?? I will not forsake you..... But don't you see this mess???? I will not let you down.....But isn't this HOPELESS??!?!?! Assuredly not.... Thankful.

2 comments:

  1. I Love this!!! You've spoken such truth :)

    "for He [God] [b]Himself has said, I will not in any way fail you nor [c]give you up nor leave you without support."

    Somedays this really IS hard to grasp hold of like you say. :)

    Awesome post today!

    ReplyDelete