Monday, January 21, 2013

At All Cost....

So this is risky. It's CRAZY! You want me to WHAT Lord?? I think I snorted when it made me laugh....out loud. Now?

For My thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways My ways, says the Lord. So shall My word be that goes forth out of My mouth: it shall not return to Me void [without producing any effect, useless], but it shall accomplish that which I please and purpose, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it. (Isaiah 55:8, 11 AMP)

And this is risky. It goes against everything that "feels" right. But what is the worst that can happen? I'm praying. Even if it's in the wrong direction He will guide me if I continually keep my eyes on Him. Because if I'm reading this correctly, His word does not return void. I'm claiming His word, His promises. And at the very least, my prayers will change me.

Because that is one thing I have learned on this journey of mine. Our prayers for others settle deep in our hearts and change us at the core of who we are. The prayers we choke out that are painful and hard and seem to rub us the total wrong way...praying for those who hurt us and use us....they eventually change us regardless of how God chooses to use them in the life of the one being lifted up.

So I'm stepping out of the boat. I'm asking Him to tell me it's Him, but I already know. His sheep know His voice. He says "come to Me". Over the side I go....

No comments:

Post a Comment