Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Firm Foundation

The Wise and Foolish Builders

46 “Why do you call me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ and do not do what I say? 47 As for everyone who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice, I will show you what they are like. 48 They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built. 49 But the one who hears my words and does not put them into practice is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. The moment the torrent struck that house, it collapsed and its destruction was complete.”

This verse struck me the other day as I was reading.  Everything in our lives depends on our foundation.  What are we rooted in, what ground are we based upon.....our foundation.  Mine was leveled last year.  Not that it wasnt already in complete and total disrepair....but God sent in the wrecking crew. 

I looked up how to test the foundation of a house.  I was actually a bit surprised that it seems very similar to the way I believe God is testing my foundation.  He would need to....check for any cracks, look for any weak spots, check for "settling" because every house settles, but the degree of that is what foundation it is built upon.

And that has been my issue of late.  God testing my "foundation" and me pushing through knowing that I dont want to settle, I want the best, the strongest foundation I can possibly have for this new dream, this new life He is calling me to. His "plans" for my structure promise to be good, not harmful and will give me a hope and a future..(Jeremiah 29:11) and He kind of sent me off promising to show me where this foundation would be put (Genesis 12:1) and I don't know the way other than to trust His leading....

I am seeing more and more this beautiful progression, the strength that He has laid upon the very core of who I am.  And it amazes me, and I stand in awe at times and think "who is that girl?!?!" It's me....the me He's creating me to be.  The me I have always been, but been too afraid to show.  Yet here she is and I think His creation is amazing :) And I'm blessed that He loves me so very much.  I am waiting for the day this foundation is tested and approved and ready to hold the beautiful structure He wants to place on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment