Monday, January 7, 2013

Rest....

God speaks to me a lot.....in bathrooms. He's not choosy. Any stall will do. Why? I have asked myself that question many times. Perhaps it's the one place He can speak when I'm still. When I pretty much can't run from what He is about to say.

Today was no different. He spoke words that I so desperately needed to hear. And I could let the tears fall and take it all in quietly. And let it settle.

I spend so much time with my jaw clenched, my fist tight...waiting for the other shoe to drop. Knowing He's forgotten. Wondering if He remembers what He promised.

He does. And it's in those quiet times where He can catch me off guard He whispers....Never will I leave you. Never will I forsake you. And I can only let it pierce my heart because I am there wrapped in His arms....in the bathroom. I look at myself in the mirror and I wonder what He sees. How differently He must view the girl I am looking at.

I am hoping for a day that perhaps He won't have to catch me of guard, corral my restless heart and I can learn to trust completely, the first time. No question. Until that day finally arrives I suppose the bath room is a good a place as any.

No comments:

Post a Comment