Saturday, November 29, 2014

So She Came Bearing Gifts

I've got to take Christmas back. It's time. We need to remember. We need our joy. And it doesn't have to look anything like it has in the past. In fact, I don't want it to be. No. Advent is is not something that I have ever deliberately celebrated with the kids. And quite honestly at their age, how would you? But it stuck in me. Made me loose sleep. Made me feel compelled. And well, when that happenes I usually can't rest until it's done. I had visions of how to do it just perfectly....yes. But when has my perfect ever turned out like I thought it should? So we ended up with two overflowing boxes of wrapped gifts, one for each day and my slightly less than perfect notes on each one. I had visions of scriptures and stories....I got my girl threatening to open them all if I didn't wrap them individually. Her box is going to college. And most days she has her mommas patience....we know how scary that can be ;)  so I wrapped each one and stuck a note tag on. I reminded them to be nice, be kind, share and that I love them. Hit the basics if you can't manage anything else.... And such panic and frustration has come up against me since doing this. And so I'm praying. And I'm pushing through. Because enough is just quite enough. Come Lord, just as You promised. "Blessed is she who has believed that what the Lord has said to her WILL be accomplished." Yes. Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment