Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Being OK With Where You Are



My story...what God has called me to began in me even as a child.  I loved writing.  Through experience He developed in me the ability to speak.  He has called me to use both of these to encourage.  All of my life brought me to a place on October 14, 2009.  God has also given me the gift of a really amazing memory....and there is good and bad in that too.  So on that particular day, God began shaping my life to tell my story.  First step in the journey of one thousand miles.....

I needed to get healthy again, to loose a lot of weight and get on track.  So for a year and a half with much hard work, trial and error and perseverance, I got very close to my goal.  Then I stalled.  And I spent 6 months in frustration and as 2011 progressed it seemed like some things were falling away and some were pressing through.  God brought me to this place first in my physical to remind me that it was a long hard journey with end results that were are amazing, but more than that, the journey prepared me to help others.  To encourage them because I have walked it too.

My physical journey would be the thing that reminds me in this spiritual journey to keep going...because when it seems like results spring up so fast you don't know what hit you, in reality, the hard work had been going on for 2 years before hand.  The physical would remind me that doing the right thing over and over will eventually lead to the desired end.  Most days it didn't feel like it.  Most days I cried and wanted to quit.  But I didn't.  Because He was growing my ability to stay the course.

Today, I look at the physical and see that I can do amazing things.  Because I worked hard to get there and I didn't quit and I kept going when it looked hopeless.  And in this spiritual journey, I'm kinda of at the point where I don't see anything at all, but I know it's there.  And I am reminded when I am encouraging someone else taking this journey.  My words have His power behind them because I have walked this road.  And when I speak something to someone, I know they listen, because they have seen my journey.  I am finding that actions really do speak louder than words.  No one will find your words worthwhile without the actions to back it up.  And maybe that's the point.  To be able to use your story to impact another persons life, the weight of your words need to be overcome with the actions behind them.  It's about getting back up over and over again until one day, your flipping tires without thinking twice :)

I believe this is just the beginning of what He is calling me to.  He's again moving me into a place I can't imagine and as much as I keep falling face first into this lately, I will keep going.  Because it's who He made me to be.  And today, one of my hardest ones on record...and that is saying a lot lately, I'm choosing to be ok right where I'm at. Thankful.

1 comment:

  1. Yes! Our physical journey can be a great encourager in our spiritual walks as well! We must persevere, especially on the hard days!

    Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete