Saturday, September 28, 2013

In Its Time



It's hard to see....you might just miss it.  But I saw it.  And it made me stop and think what in the world??? I have lived here for 18 years.  My children have grown up on this piece of land.  My step dad built this house over 3 decades ago.  I have tried to leave this ground time and time again for a new place.  God has held me fast.  And so here I am and I am good with that.  This is the place He has me for a purpose and it is home. So saying all that, I know that 20 years ago, a flower bed set in that place.  My mom loved to plant things everywhere and she was good at it.  A plant sees me coming and usually tries to hide because it does not want to go home with me.  Death is eminent...I have no green thumb and I am okay with that too.  Know your gifts.....About seven or so years ago, that all became restructured.  The ground leveled and grass grew...if you didn't know what was there before, well you would just never assume......but that flower just popped out of the ground.  That flower who has not been seen for years, a seed obviously there, hidden, came forth.  And this is no wimpy flower.  It's got a solid stalk.  And it's flower is wispy and beautiful.  

Sometimes it takes a really long time for a seed to come up, for a flower to bloom and I sure never expected to see that going into October.....but then God is in the business of surprising and His time isn't ours at all. Thankful.

Isaiah 43:19 Voice
19     Watch closely: I am preparing something new; it’s happening now, even as I speak,
        and you’re about to see it. I am preparing a way through the desert;
    Waters will flow where there had been none.

No comments:

Post a Comment