Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Behind The Scenes - Stitches

        I took my girl to a very special place yesterday.  It's a very old drug store in town but it has the absolute biggest selection of fabric you have ever seen.  Rows and rows, isles and isles.  Every type you can imagine.  The building is run down and unassuming and then you pass through a bit of clutter and disorganization....but then you are there.  The heart of it.  She is growing in her creativity.  She learned the very basics of sewing.  She has so many dreams and ideas.  I want it to be the same for her in her walk with Him.  I want her to see row upon row of instruction and ideas and ways that she can become who He has created her to be.  I am blessed by these pockets of pure joy.  As we drove past again on the way home last night she said...it's the best store ever...She's not seeing the outside, at what most would look right past. She knows what's inside and that's what counts.  She knows of all the potential just waiting for her to explore. All the dreams and ideas waiting for her inside those walls.  I see that every time I look at her.  The beautiful insides He is creating.  Thankful.

2 comments:

  1. YES!!!! That is not only what we want for our daugthers (children) but also what our Heavenly Father also wants for us. I pray we all see the potential just waiting for to be explored.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredibly beautiful reminder, my friend! I love this...and I can't wait to see what He does with her dreams! Love to you, sweet friend...blessings today. :)

    ReplyDelete