Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Leaving

It's so very cold as of late.  Something that I haven't experienced in quite a while.  Everything in me just wants to be still.  I am finding myself in a place where the old just doesn't fit anymore.  No matter how hard I try and put it on, it doesn't work.  And this new staring me in the face doesn't quite fit just right either.  It's an uncomfortable skin..roomy and it reminds me that I haven't grown into it just yet.  So this is the place of in-between.  This is the place where I recite over and over thanks for what no longer contains and thanks for what He is growing me into.  Yesterday found me wrestling with many emotions and so I gave up and crawled back into bed and shut my eyes tightly.  I'm standing in a broad place that I do not know and it overwhelms. I don't know what to do at times, so I just breathe.  And I remember now there are times where that could be such a challenge.  I read something that made me stop.  Something that stirred my soul.  I question so often, what in the world is it You have called me to Lord?  What is my purpose in all this?

“Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart one who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.”  ― Marvin J. Ashton

Leave people better than you found them....Some enter my life for a short while, some stay, some come and go....but how are they after an encounter with me? Did I allow God to use me to refill someone very weary and burdened or did I heap an extra helping onto the weight they already carry?  Perhaps this is the thing I need to be most concerned about, the condition of a life, of a precious soul after our paths have crossed.  That changes my view on things.  Really it quite changes everything.  Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment