Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Behind the Scenes - Engraved


My word. It found me and it stuck. I didn't mean for it to, but it carved itself deep into my heart. I need to be reminded of it often. She sent this to me, she did. With a card and the verse said this:

Proverbs 3:3-4 Stay focused; do not lose sight of mercy and truth;engrave them on a pendant, and hang it around your neck;meditate on them so they are written upon your heart.
Why?
 In this way, you will win the favor of God and others,and they will think well of you.

 When I read verse 4 at first, I felt a little strange. But as it settled in, I believe He means that others will have good thoughts when they think of you. I have good thoughts of so many of the wonderful people in my life. And when I do, I find myself compelled to let them know. So when this cherished friend thought of me and acted on it, Gods love became tangible and engraved itself on my heart once again, and that reminds me of Gods favor in my life, so I wont loose sight. Thankful. 

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful friend, a beautiful meaningful gift, and a lovely word to meditate on. "God's love became tangible and engraved itself on my heart once again." Isn't that such an amazing thought?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh, what a great verse & sweet gift!

    ReplyDelete