Sunday, February 1, 2015

It's Like Riding A Bike

Philippians 4:6 
Don’t be anxious about things; instead, pray. Pray about everything. He longs to hear your requests, so talk to God about your needs and be thankful for what has come. (Emphasis mine).

The translation in my journal says be careful for nothing. 

And that has always perplexed me. I'm careful about everything. Do the right thing, make the right choices, be the person you want to be with. All of these are good. But they are not the way God calls us to live. They are supposed to be a product of the way we live when we are seeking Him. A natural consequence to our relationship with Him. That really sunk in today. This day. Live with abandon, because if I am laying it all before Him, seeking Him, rooting myself in Him I have the freedom to step out, to love recklessly, to test the waters of my heart and know He has me. And there is freedom in that. I have to let Him do a new thing. But that requires complete trust in Him. He is my source. I have to trust who He has made me to be. But I have to step out. I have to try. Because I know who I am, Whose I am. And that can't ever be taken away from me. And fear steps in with the what-ifs....what if you make the wrong choice and mess it up forever....one wrong choice and it's all over. All this hard work for nothing.... And I remeber that God rescued me with a simple cry for help. And He led me when I didn't even know how to take the next breath let alone make the right choice. Eventually you have to graduate to the big girl bike. No training wheels, no hands holding you, but One always running right beside you, ready to help you up if you happen to crash. This isn't about perfect. It's about trusting what He's done. And it's about squaring up, eye to eye with that voice and saying no fear, No. Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment