Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wonder

John 10:28-30
The Voice (VOICE)
28 I give them a life that is unceasing, and death will not have the last word. Nothing or no one can steal them from My hand. 29 My Father has given the flock to Me, and He is superior to all beings and things. No one is powerful enough to snatch the flock from My Father’s hand. 30 The Father and I are one.

When these days seem ever so long, I begin to wonder. What was it like for Him to watch me day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year....drowning. Walking away from all He made me to be. Just barely keeping my head above water.....just barely. Just breathing. He waited for the right time to act. Timing. I wonder if He was ever in a hurry, or wrung His hands knowing the time was coming closer.....knowing. That on that Thursday at 2 pm I would take one step, two step....on this journey back. I wonder if, even though He knew the pain, the flood of excitement surpassed it. Because I was coming back. I was on that long road back home. I wonder some days if He is excited again. I feel it in the pit of my stomach. I feel the twists and turns of something that is more than just my stomach telling me it's lunch time. I wonder. And He whispers. And I smile, at what He might reveal. In His own time. Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment