Sunday, January 11, 2015

The Financially Confident Woman - Book Review


I came across Mary Hunt and her website, Cheapskate Monthly, many years ago.  My kids were young, I wanted to stay at home and we were on a very tight budget.  I learned a lot from her insights, wisdom and strategies.  Having the chance to read over her book, *The Financially Confident Woman, these many years later, I was challenged yet again.  Her advice and principals are still the same....spend less than you earn, save money, tithe, it is never to late (or early) to start and there is no excuse not to understand your finances....even if you are a girl.  I have always been responsible for the household budget.  There were times when that was comforting and times when it brought sheer panic.  I have succeeded and failed at being a good steward of what God has placed in my hands.  The last three years have found me having to make many choices I never planned on making.  The foundation that was set long before my world crashed gave me the ability to know what to do and I gleaned many new things in reading Mary's book.  This resource reaffirmed what I believe and what I teach my children.  It's not an easy read, but it is insightful and full of hard truths none of us can really afford to live without.

*I was graciously supplied a copy of this book in exchange for reviewing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment