Sunday, December 7, 2014

Can You Hear It?

Psalm 144:1 Praise be to the Lord my Rock,who trains my hands for war,my fingers for battle. 
This verse. It caught my attention and I just can't let it go. Because He did that didn't He? Trained my hands for war....and the battle raging was to build up in the middle of the tearing down. To love in the middle of such hate and ugliness. To hold, to surround with His love, the one who caused me this torment. Yes. That was the very heat of this war of souls. My fingers were trained with pen and paper. Preparing the way to share with others I may never know. But we share our words, our stories, our very own lives. And some days that in itself is a fight. To keep speaking when our hearts break, when we make a wrong turn. When we are not even sure we are getting one thing right.  Today feels like a battle. It feels like an unending war. So what do we do on the days where it feels as though our prayers hit the ceiling? Perhaps it's time to listen. Thankful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment