Thursday, April 11, 2013

Are We There Yet?


I feel like I'm standing still staring at this sign.  It feels like a long way off.  It feels like I might run out of gas.  What if I miss my exit?!?  Is there a turn around? A cross over? As much as I think I want to hit the brakes, part of me wants to hit the accelerator.  To get there already...I'm tired and want to be done with this part of the journey. Waiting is not always easy.  Whether in traffic or on God's timing. 

And as much as I feel like I might somehow miss it, somehow make a wrong turn, somehow completely miss Him....His words are clear.  Love others.  Serve others.  There is work to be done in the waiting.  Not busyness, trying to do anything but wait patiently, but acting as His hands and feet.  Letting our broken pieces feed the 5000.  Because in our brokenness is what we have to offer.  Those are the pieces He will use to not only reconstruct us, but also to fill the needs in those He brings across our paths.  And that's part of the beauty of the broken pieces.  We can share them with others and God still has plenty to make the most lovely masterpiece in us. 



No comments:

Post a Comment