Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Do It Afraid

Fear.  A 4 letter word that no one likes.  As God has once again called me into a place where all I can do is look around and say "I am NOT in Kansas anymore!", fear comes in and tries it's best to settle.  Holley Gerth made an interesting statement in her book You're Made For A God Sized Dream, and it really resonated in the walls of my heart: 

“Fear hangs out right next to whatever it is you’re most called to do. That means the closer you get to your calling, the louder fear sounds. Keep going–fear is a chihuahua that sounds like a Doberman.” — You’re Made for a God-sized Dream, Chapter Five.

I have felt so pressed, so fearful, and I believe that if we run from it, we give power to it, kind of like running from that Doberman.....he's likely to chase you!! Speaking our fears keep them from settling.  They give us the chance to offer them up to God in prayer and also release the hold they have on us when we shine the light of who He is in the places that these fears like to hide.  Because the Light and the darkness cannot coexist. 

I'll go first....my fear, the one that has settled so close to me lately is that THIS is it.  My life is a good one.  I have so much to be grateful for, but I know what God has hidden in my heart.  And when He is silent and asking me to wait, and days go by, and NOTHING changes, my fears start screaming.  Told you so.  Told you.  And I fear that alone is what I am left with. Because He pulled me away into a period of aloneness before.  For my own good.  For my own protection.  So when I am still here and I fell that pull again, I get anxious.  And scared.  And I fret.  And I think seriously Lord?!?!?! So today I am throwing it out there.  Into the light.  Because I know what His promises are.  And I believe Him.  And I trust Him.  In spite of what I see.  In spite of what I feel.  His promises are Yes and Amen.

So, what fears are chasing you today?  What fears are nipping at your heals?  Turn around.  He Who is in you is greater than he who is in the world if you know Jesus as your Saviour. I believe you will find that big ole' sound fear is making is all bark and no bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment